Grace Church-Supported Missionary Family Sean and Meredith Stewart, Founders & Directors, One 5 Ministries
Sean – November 12, 1973
Meredith – October 5, 1976
Isaiah – September 11, 2014
Wedding Anniversary: February 21, 2009
Brief Profile: Sean and Meredith started One 5 Ministries (O5M) in December 2013. O5M provides community-based care to widows and orphans. O5M also has a rehabilitation home for ex-street boys, called Mama Jean’s Home (named after missionary Jean Williams who started the home a few years ago but passed away in Kenya in February 2015).
Sean was born and raised in Ontario, Canada where he worked as a retail and warehouse manager. He also spent 4 years as a youth group leader and 16 years on a church worship team. Sean came to Kenya for the first time in 2005. That short trip put a desire in Sean’s heart to return. From August 2008 through August 2011, Sean served as part of the Transformed International team. In August 2011, Sean helped serve alongside the managers of a children’s home (In Step Foundation) during one of the children’s home transitional times. In December 2013, God led Sean, through prayer and direction, to begin O5M.
Meredith was born and raised in Ontario, Canada where she worked as a marketing manager. She has an extensive background working with children and teens. Meredith came to Kenya for the first time in 2005. She quickly fell in love with the culture and the children and since has had a deep desire to work with orphan children. Since April 2005, Meredith spent nearly two years in Kenya working at a children’s home in Eldoret. Then, in March 2007, she joined the Transformed International team as Administrative Sponsorship Coordinator. Meredith desires to spend her life in fulltime ministry working with orphan children. Just as above stated with Sean, Meredith helped serve alongside the managers of a children’s home (In Step Foundation) during one of the children’s home transitional times. In December 2013, God led Meredith, through prayer and direction, to begin O5M.
What They Do: O5M is located in Kitale, Kenya which is a small town in western Kenya, close to the Uganda border. O5M has two main projects to it. The first is community-based care, which provides food and discipleship to families on a monthly basis. They look for sponsorship from the West for the children that they have located and assessed. Each month they bring food to the families (whether it’s a widow trying to feed the mouths of her children or grandparents raising their grandchildren, whose parents have died). They spend time with the families, teaching them the Bible, the love of Jesus, and praying over them. They have seen Jesus deliver and heal a grandfather from alcoholism; they have witnessed a widow healed of malaria instantly. They have seen a widow be filled with the joy and happiness of Jesus, when feeling like there was nothing left for her to do.
O5M’S second project is the Mama Jean’s Home (MJH). It is a rehabilitation home for ex-street boys. MJH is a safe place for the boys, where they are able to go to school, have food in their bellies, and a staff of three men who have a heart for these boys. Sean and Meredith disciple the staff and children, watching as Jesus heals and restores these broken boys from glue addiction, anger issues, abuses, and abandonment issues. The home is located on 1.5 acres of rented land with running water and electricity. There is a small area on the land where the home grows its own maize corn and vegetables. 12
Please pray for:
- Continued health for Sean and Meredith.
- Sean and Meredith began fostering a baby boy in September of 2014. They named him Isaiah John Stewart. They would like to adopt Isaiah but Kenya currently has put a hold on foreign adoption so they will be applying for legal guardianship of him. Pray that the guardianship will be granted and that Sean and Meredith will be able to travel to Canada with him so he can meet his family and friends who have prayed for a baby for Sean and Meredith for years.
- Isaiah’s health. He has a slight physically/neurological disability which makes certain developmental milestones a bit harder to reach. Wisdom for Sean and Meredith as they do daily physical therapy on Isaiah to help him.
- Finances for the monthly running of Mama Jean’s Home.
- Finances to eventually buy and build land for the Mama Jean’s Home so that they can house, help, love on, and raise-up more of these boys.
- Finances for Sean and Meredith so that they can continue to do the work in Kenya.
- Sean and Meredith to continue to hear God’s voice; to follow what He has for them as a married couple and as a family; and to know how they can grow more in their relationship with Him.
Donations: Wordsower Company, PO Box 8064, Salem, OR 97303 -OR- http://wordsower.org/contact_info.
Must designate funds to “Kenya: Mama Jean’s” on check memo line or for on-line donation.
Correspondence: PO Box 2351, Kitale, Kenya 30200
Meredith’s Phone: 011 254 714 979 863
Sean’s Phone: 011 254 714 371 209
Where They Serve: Kitale, Kenya.